Many people have been forced to work from home due to COVID-19. You may be feeling more neck, back or arm discomfort because your set-up is not optimal.
Here are some tips to improve your work set-up
Try to spend most of your work days sitting at a desk with a chair with back support.
Working on the couch, or in your bed for long periods is really not optimal.
1. Start with your bottom always against the back of the chair.
2. Neck should be in neutral position meaning your chin should be parallel to the floor looking at your screen. Avoid bending your neck down. This is really hard to due with a laptop. If you spend your days at the computer, consider a bluetooth keyboard and mouse.
3. Your elbows should be under your shoulders. Avoid reaching for keyboard or mouse.
4. Your hips should be about 90 degrees with your body, same for your knees and ankles.
5. Set your phone alarm to get up and move around every 15 minutes. #setupmyhomeoffice